Being from Southern California myself, I am always looking for new places to try and visit on my days off. Santa Monica being a well known and historic city has a little something to offer everyone. Whether it’s the scenic hikes, gourmet restaurants, to little holes in the walls, the beautiful beach, the fun pier, or even shops if you want to do some shopping because who could ever say no to shopping? It has something for anyone and everyone! So here’s a list of things to do while you’re trying to make the most of your day bike riding in Santa Monica.
Things To Do In Santa Monica!
1. Stop by the Santa Monica pier! The Santa Monica pier is a huge tourist destination since it opened up in 1909. What attracts many is everything it has to offer plus it is where Route 66 ends if you didn’t know! Santa Monica pier offers many different activities for one to enjoy while being in Santa Monica. Spend some time playing some games, go on a ride on the ferris wheel to enjoy a whole 360 view of beautiful LA. You will not be disappointed by spending some time down by the pier enjoying all it has to offer.
2. If you're in the mood for something fresh, check out Santa Monica’s Farmers Market that is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays! Enjoy some fresh strawberries after riding around town!
3. Retail therapy is always a must and Santa Monica has many shops you can pick from. Head over to 3rd street promenade where you could find every possible store, from Nordstrom to Pacsun this shopping center has many options for you. Not only can you do some retail therapy here, you can even catch a movie and a snack while you’re at it! If you’re more into chic or vintage then don't stop at 3rd street promenade keep going until you hit main street which is at the south tip of Venice Beach. Here you’ll find cute boutiques and many vintage stores that you can pick from to do some shopping!
4. We all need some coffee at some point during our day so we have a list of good coffee shops to stop by while on your ride to give you more energy to power through your day out in Santa Monica! Caffe Luxxe is a very popular spot in Santa Monica due to its aesthetically pleasing atmosphere. Caffe Luxxe brings you a taste of European style, this place is a must! However if you’re feeling fancy stop by Funnel Mill! Funnel Mill offers a variety of coffee and tea, prices range from $12-$75! Now if you ask me that’s insane $75 for a cup of coffee but I would try just to see what the fuss is about!
5. There are many great places in Santa Monica to have lunch at! Stop by Umami Burger! Umami burger has the best burgers in town! Umami is a Japanese word which means “deliciousness”. Now if you’re in the mood for something healthy and something familiar then no worries Santa Monica has an Urth Caffe with plenty of healthy options!
6. The views at night are well worth a refreshing night ride. So while you're on your night ride stop by these plaaces to have dinner. If you’re a fan of seafood and of Tom Hanks you might want to stop by the iconic Bubba Gump Shrimp which is actually right on the pier! This place has a variety of delicious options (I’m getting hungry just writing about this). You might not be a fan of seafood but what about pizza and pasta? How could anyone ever say no i’m not in the mood for pizza :( ! Milo and Olive have a variety of options for you that you can't pass if you’re in the area!
7. Are you tired yet from reading all these places you must go to and want somewhere you can just relax at? Visit The NOW Massage! Here they offer a variety of different types of massages that you can get! 10/10 would recommend.
8. If you simply want to ride down to Santa Monica for the beach then you will probably want to avoid going to the main beach right next to the pier. I would recommend biking a couple miles and by a couple I only mean 2 miles and lay out and soak up the sun at Will Rogers State Beach. Here you’ll be able to enjoy the beach without a crazy amount of people and catch the sunset while eating a snack.
I’m sure this list could go on and on but i’ll it at this! If you do decide to check these places out while you’re riding your 6KU make sure to tag us in your pics ;) Happy riding!